Successful completion of 7th-grade math
Students will review the basics of fractions, decimals, percents, and the order of operations. Students will be introduced to the set of Integers and how to calculate with positive and negative numbers, number sets and properties, variables, and solving equations and inequalities. Students will learn some basic statistic concepts including data collection, analysis and graphing.
Students will begin Coordinate Plane graphing, linear graphing and learn about functions. Students will move from Rational numbers into Irrational numbers while studying square roots and the Pythagorean Theorem for right triangles. The basic geometric concepts of triangles, polygons, perimeter, area, surface area, and volume will also be introduced.
- SOLVING: Students will know and be able to analyze different types of equations and choose the appropriate method to solve for the variable.
- GRAPHING: Students will know and be able to model and interpret the visual representation of data
- SIMPLIFY/TRANSLATE/EVALUATE: Students will know and be able to exhibit techniques for evaluating and simplifying algebraic expressions.
- WRITING EQUATIONS: Students will know and be able to manipulate data to write an equation of line.
- PROBABILITY: Students will know and be able to use probability in mathematical and real-life situations.
- GEOMETRY: Students will know and be able to use Pythagorean Theorem, basic geometric formulas, trigonometric ratios, and identify transformations.