The fourth year of Spanish builds on skills learned in the first three years. The student will continue to sharpen listening, speaking, reading and writing skills through activities based on pedagogically proven methods of foreign language instruction.
In the first semester, students will study work, sports and vacation vocabulary. In the second semester, topics of study are society, the arts and media. Through these topics students learn to express themselves using an ever-increasing vocabulary and increasingly complex grammatical structures using the present, past, future, conditional and subjunctive-tense verbs, articles, and adjectives. Grammar is practiced in innovative and interesting ways with a variety of learning styles in mind.
Throughout the course, students are exposed to the culture of the Spanish speaking world to advance their understanding of its people, geographical locations and histories.
- Listening- Students will understand the main idea and supporting details of spoken language that incorporates familiar vocabulary and structures and respond appropriately.
- Reading- Students will understand selected written materials on various topics.
- Speaking- Students will apply knowledge of Spanish pronunciation and intonation patterns in various situations.
- Writing- Students will respond to statements or questions in Spanish; write compositions and conversations on selected topics, which incorporate description, detail and accurate grammatical structures.
- Culture- Students will explain how aspects of the Spanish-speaking culture differ from their own and discuss the influence of the Spanish-speaking culture in the global community.
This is an NCAA-Certified Class
eAchieve Academy is an official NCAA-approved online instruction provider and this online Spanish 4 class meets the NCAA core course requirements. To see the full list of NCAA-approved online high school courses offered by eAchieve Academy, visit the NCAA Eligibility Center (use school code #502388).
Supplement Language Courses
If you’re enrolled in a Wisconsin school, then you need to know your options: our list of school districts by county gives you the full picture of available opportunities. If your school doesn’t offer Spanish 4, or any other school in your district, then eAchieve online Academy anywhere is the option for you.
Using Spanish In Your Career
Spanish is widely spoken in the United States, second only to English. Nearly four out of five of job recruiters say Spanish is the most in-demand foreign language by employers.
Speaking Spanish can help your application stand out in practically any career field, including medicine, business and criminal justice. Whether you want to become a detective, doctor, politician or special agent with the FBI, learning Spanish can give you an advantage.