This course is a continuation of the beginning level courses that will help the student continue learning the Spanish language. In this course, the student will practice and learn listening, speaking, reading and writing skills through activities that are based on pedagogically proven methods of foreign language instruction. In first semester, students will study daily routines, nature, and volunteering vocabulary. In second semester, the topics of study are the environment, entertainment and neighborhoods. Through these topics students learn to express themselves using an ever-increasing vocabulary, present, past, future and conditional-tense verbs, articles, adjectives and increasingly complex grammatical structures. Grammar is introduced and practiced in innovative and interesting ways with a variety of learning styles in mind. Culture is sprinkled throughout the course to help the learner focus on the Spanish-speaking world and their culture, people, geographical locations and histories. The course is aligned to the national Foreign Language standards.
- Listening – Students will understand the main idea and supporting details of spoken language that incorporates familiar vocabulary and structures and respond appropriately.
- Reading – Students will understand selected written materials on various topics.
- Speaking – Students will apply knowledge of Spanish pronunciation and intonation patterns in various situations.
- Writing – Students will respond to statements or questions in Spanish; write compositions and conversations on selected topics, which incorporate description, detail and accurate grammatical structures.
- Culture – Students will explain how aspects of the Spanish-speaking culture differ from their own and discuss the influence of the Spanish-speaking culture in the global community.
This is an NCAA-Certified Class
eAchieve Academy is an official NCAA-approved online instruction provider and this online Spanish 3 class meets the NCAA core course requirements. To see the full list of NCAA-approved online high school courses offered by eAchieve Academy, visit the NCAA Eligibility Center (use school code #502388).
Supplement Language Courses
If you’re enrolled in a Wisconsin school district but would like to supplement language courses by taking them online for FREE at eAchieve, we offer students part-time enrollment opportunities to keep them on their personalized path to education.
Using Spanish In Your Career
Spanish is the number two most widely-spoken language nationwide, after English. Almost 80% of job recruiters report that Spanish is the most desired foreign language from employers.
Speaking Spanish can make you a more attractive job candidate in practically any career field, including medicine, business and criminal justice. Whether you want to become a detective, doctor, FBI special agent or politician, learning Spanish can give you a leg up.