The fourth year of German builds upon the first three levels. Students will continue to sharpen their reading, writing, and listening skills as well as learn skills to think critically and express themselves on topics relevant to German culture. This fourth level will include authentic texts, current culture, and literature from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. Students will learn vocabulary, refinement of grammar skills, and cultural competency to express themselves on a variety of topics in German. First semester topics include: Relationships, Rights & Responsibilities, the Media, and Advertising. In the second semester the topics are: Prejudices & Stereotypes, the Environment, Culture, and the Future & Future Plans.This course is aligned to the national foreign language standards.
- Listening – Students will understand the main idea and supporting details of spoken language that incorporates familiar vocabulary and structures and respond appropriately.
- Reading – Students will understand selected written materials on various topics.
- Speaking – Students will apply knowledge of German pronunciation and intonation patterns in various situations.
- Writing – Students will respond to statements or questions in German; write compositions and conversations on selected topics, which incorporate description, detail and accurate grammatical structures.
- Culture – Students will explain how aspects of the German-speaking culture differ from their own and discuss the influence of the German-speaking culture in the global community.
This is an NCAA-Certified Class
eAchieve Academy is an official NCAA-approved online instruction provider and this online German 4 class meets the NCAA core course requirements. To see the full list of NCAA-approved online high school courses offered by eAchieve Academy, visit the NCAA Eligibility Center (use school code #502388).