This course is a continuation of German 1 and is designed to help improve skills in the German language. Students will increase their skills through listening, speaking, reading and writing activities based on pedagogically proven methods of foreign language instruction.
In the first semester, topics include movies, books, & music, birthdays & holidays, gifts, and everyday life. In the second semester, topics include vacation, healthy living & eating, health and illness. Students learn to express themselves using an ever-increasing vocabulary, present and past tense verbs, articles, adjectives and increasingly complex grammatical structures.
Grammar is introduced and practiced in innovative and interesting ways with a variety of learning styles in mind. Culture is sprinkled throughout the course to help students learn about German culture, people, geographical locations and histories. The course is aligned to the national Foreign Language standards.
- Listening – Students will understand the main idea and supporting details of spoken language that incorporates familiar vocabulary and structures and respond appropriately.
- Reading – Students will understand selected written materials on various topics.
- Speaking – Students will apply knowledge of German pronunciation and intonation patterns in various situations.
- Writing – Students will respond to statements or questions in German; write compositions and have conversations on selected topics, which incorporate description, detail and accurate grammatical structures.
- Culture – Students will explain how aspects of the German-speaking culture differ from their own and discuss the influence of the German-speaking culture in the global community.
This is an NCAA-Certified Class
eAchieve Academy is an official NCAA-approved online instruction provider and this online German 2 class meets the NCAA core course requirements. To see the full list of NCAA-approved online high school courses offered by eAchieve Academy, visit the NCAA Eligibility Center (use school code #502388).