In this course, students begin their foreign language study through listening, speaking, reading and writing activities based on pedagogically proven methods of foreign language instruction. The course is aligned to the national Foreign Language standards.
In first semester, topics include greetings, the numbers 0-20, likes & dislikes, leisure activities, family & pets, physical descriptions, school subjects & schedules, and time. In second semester the topics of study are clothing & shopping, ordering & eating in a cafe/restaurant, giving opinions, leisure activities, household chores, weather, food, and the city.
Throughout the course, students learn to express themselves using an ever-increasing vocabulary, present tense verbs, articles and adjectives. Grammar is introduced and practiced in innovative and interesting ways with a variety of learning styles in mind. Culture is sprinkled throughout the course to help the learner understand the German-speaking world and their culture, people, geographical locations and histories.
- Listening – Students will understand the main idea and supporting details of spoken language that incorporates familiar vocabulary and structures and respond appropriately.
- Reading – Students will understand selected written materials on various topics.
- Speaking – Students will apply knowledge of German pronunciation and intonation patterns in various situations.
- Writing – Students will respond to statements or questions in German; write compositions and hold conversations on selected topics, which incorporate description, detail and accurate grammatical structures.
- Culture – Students will explain how aspects of the German-speaking culture differ from their own and discuss the influence of the German-speaking culture in the global community.
This is an NCAA-Certified Class
eAchieve Academy is an official NCAA-approved online instruction provider and this online German 1 class meets the NCAA core course requirements. To see the full list of NCAA-approved online high school courses offered by eAchieve Academy, visit the NCAA Eligibility Center (use school code #502388).