The fourth year of French builds on skills learned in the first three years. The student will continue to sharpen listening, speaking, reading and writing skills through activities based on pedagogically proven methods of foreign language instruction.
In the first semester, students will study legends, fairy tales & fables, life events and emotions, nature and animals and the press. In the second semester, topics of study include the environment, politics and government services, the fine arts, and travel.
Through the wide variety of topics students learn to express themselves using an ever-increasing vocabulary, present, past, future, conditional and subjunctive-tense verbs, articles and adjectives. Increasingly complex grammatical structures are introduced and practiced in innovative and interesting ways with a variety of learning styles in mind. Culture is sprinkled throughout the course to help the learner understand the people, geographical locations and histories of the French-speaking world.
- Listening – Students will understand the main idea and supporting details of spoken language that incorporates familiar vocabulary and structures and respond appropriately.
- Reading – Students will understand selected written materials on various topics.
- Speaking – Students will apply knowledge of French pronunciation and intonation patterns in various situations.
- Writing – Students will respond to statements or questions in French; write compositions and conversations on selected topics, which incorporate description, detail and accurate grammatical structures.
- Culture – Students will explain how aspects of the French-speaking culture differ from their own and discuss the influence of the French-speaking culture in the global community.
This is an NCAA-Certified Class
eAchieve Academy is an official NCAA-approved online instruction provider and this online French 4 class meets the NCAA core course requirements. To see the full list of NCAA-approved online high school courses offered by eAchieve Academy, visit the NCAA Eligibility Center (use school code #502388).