This course is a continuation of the beginning level courses and is designed to help the student continue learning the French language. In this course, students practice listening, speaking, reading and writing skills through activities based on pedagogically proven methods of foreign language instruction. The course is aligned to the national Foreign Language standards.
In the first semester, students study daily routine, activities, camping & nature, parts of the body and health. In the second semester, the topics are movies, books and television, vacations, back to school and professions. Through these topics students learn to express themselves using an ever-increasing vocabulary and the present, past, future and conditional-tense verbs, as well as articles and adjectives. Increasingly complex grammatical structures are introduced and practiced in innovative and interesting ways.
Throughout the course, students learn about the culture, people, geographical locations and histories of the French-speaking world.
- Listening – Students will understand the main idea and supporting details of spoken language that incorporates familiar vocabulary and structures and respond appropriately.
- Reading – Students will understand selected written materials on various topics.
- Speaking – Students will apply knowledge of French pronunciation and intonation patterns in various situations.
- Writing – Students will respond to statements or questions in French; write compositions and conversations on selected topics, which incorporate description, detail and accurate grammatical structures.
- Culture – Students will explain how aspects of the French-speaking culture differ from their own and discuss the influence of the French-speaking culture in the global community.
This is an NCAA-Certified Class
eAchieve Academy is an official NCAA-approved online instruction provider and this online French 3 class meets the NCAA core course requirements. To see the full list of NCAA-approved online high school courses offered by eAchieve Academy, visit the NCAA Eligibility Center (use school code #502388).