This course is a continuation of French 1, with the goal of helping students improve their skills in French. Students will increase their command of the language through listening, speaking, reading and writing activities based on pedagogically proven methods of foreign language instruction. The course is aligned to the national Foreign Language standards.
In the first semester, topics include clothing and accessories, chores, houses and furnishings, places in a city, transportation, and travel. In the second semester, topics include describing others, after-school activities, parties and celebrations, foods, cooking & grocery shopping, school places & events and computers.
Through the wide ranging topics, students learn to express themselves using an ever-increasing vocabulary, present and past tense verbs, articles, adjectives, and increasingly complex grammatical structures. Grammar is introduced and practiced in innovative and interesting ways with a variety of learning styles in mind.
Culture is sprinkled throughout the course to help the learner focus on the culture, people, geographical locations and histories of the French-speaking world.
- Listening – Students will understand the main idea and supporting details of spoken language that incorporates familiar vocabulary and structures and respond appropriately.
- Reading – Students will understand selected written materials on various topics.
- Speaking – Students will apply knowledge of French pronunciation and intonation patterns in various situations.
- Writing – Students will respond to statements or questions in French; write compositions and conversations on selected topics, which incorporate description, detail and accurate grammatical structures.
- Culture – Students will explain how aspects of the French-speaking culture differ from their own and discuss the influence of the French-speaking culture in the global community.
This is an NCAA-Certified Class
eAchieve Academy is an official NCAA-approved online instruction provider and this online French 2 class meets the NCAA core course requirements. To see the full list of NCAA-approved online high school courses offered by eAchieve Academy, visit the NCAA Eligibility Center (use school code #502388).