In this course, students begin their study of French through listening, speaking, reading and writing activities based on pedagogically proven methods of foreign language instruction. The course is aligned to the national Foreign Language standards.
In the first semester, topics include greetings, numbers 0-30, likes & dislikes, leisure activities, physical descriptions, family and pets. Second semester topics include school subjects, the calendar, telling time, sports, weather and foods. Through these topics students learn to express themselves using an ever-increasing vocabulary, present tense verbs, articles and adjectives. Grammar is introduced and practiced in innovative and interesting ways with a variety of learning styles in mind.
Throughout the course, students are introduced to the culture, people, geographical locations and histories of the French-speaking world.
- Listening – Students will understand the main idea and supporting details of spoken language that incorporates familiar vocabulary and structures and respond appropriately.
- Reading – Students will understand selected written materials on various topics.
- Speaking – Students will apply knowledge of French pronunciation and intonation patterns in various situations.
- Writing – Students will respond to statements or questions in French; write compositions and conversations on selected topics, which incorporate description, detail and accurate grammatical structures.
- Culture – Students will explain how aspects of the French-speaking culture differ from their own and discuss the influence of the French-speaking culture in the global community.
This is an NCAA-Certified Class
eAchieve Academy is an official NCAA-approved online instruction provider and this online French 1 class meets the NCAA core course requirements. To see the full list of NCAA-approved online high school courses offered by eAchieve Academy, visit the NCAA Eligibility Center (use school code #502388).