This course is an introduction to general biology and to the processes of scientific inquiry and thinking. It will include the fundamental principles of living organisms, including:
- the physical and chemical properties of life
- cellular organization and function
- the transfer of energy through metabolic systems
- cellular reproduction
- the classification of living things
- the six kingdoms of life
The main focus is to present biological information in an understandable and straightforward way that will capture the student’s interest while covering up-to-date principles and concepts.
- Target 1: Obtain and evaluate information through accepted science and engineering practices
- Target 2: Know, use, and interpret scientific concepts correctly and appropriately
- Target 3: Recognize and apply crosscutting concepts as they appear in core scientific ideas as well as through time.
- Target 4: Employ appropriate literacy skills through writing, reading, and discourse in scientific and engineering contexts.
This is an NCAA-Certified Class
eAchieve Academy is an official NCAA-approved online instruction provider and this online Biology class meets the NCAA core course requirements. To see the full list of NCAA-approved online high school courses offered by eAchieve Academy, visit the NCAA Eligibility Center (use school code #502388).