Prerequisites For: None
Pre-College Mathematics is a senior-level course intended to provide a fourth-year math course for those students who struggled in Algebra II and previous courses or, due to future plans, do not need to take more advanced math courses.
Graphics calculators will be used to further develop students’ understanding of mathematics. This course will help prepare students for standardized tests, college placement tests, and college level algebra courses.
Topics covered include:
- A review of algebraic and arithmetic skills
- Use of symbolic, graphical, and numerical methods to solve equations
- Problem solving using linear, quadratic, and exponential models
- Target #1 GRAPHING: Students will know and be able to graph linear and quadratic functions.
- Target #2 SOLVING: Students will know and be able to analyze different types of equations and choose the appropriate method to solve for the variable.
- Target #3 SIMPLIFY/EVALUATE: Students will know and be able to exhibit techniques for evaluating and simplifying algebraic expressions.
- Target #4 WRITING EQUATIONS: Students will know and be able to manipulate data to write an equation or inequality.