Geometry is intended to follow Algebra I in the typical high school level mathematics sequence. It is designed to help students learn and apply geometric concepts to the real world. 1st semester coursework includes geometric reasoning, properties of plane and solid figures and the relationships among these figures, and logical proofs.
To be taken after 1st semester Geometry. 2nd semester coursework includes triangles, right triangle trigonometry, surface area and volume of 3 dimensional figures, circles, and transformations.
Successful completion of Geometry (or Honors Geometry) is required for admission to most colleges.
- Students will learn and use, and understand geometric symbols and representation.
- Students will be able to apply geometric formulas appropriately in a given situation.
- Students will be able to apply angle and side relationships.
- Students will be able to make connections between algebra and geometry.
- Students will be able to prove Geometric theorems.
This is an NCAA-Certified Class
eAchieve Academy is an official NCAA-approved online instruction provider and this online Geometry class meets the NCAA core course requirements. To see the full list of NCAA-approved online high school courses offered by eAchieve Academy, visit the NCAA Eligibility Center (use school code #502388).