Do you have what it takes to operate and manage your own business? This course helps students build a business from the ground up, experiencing all aspects of planning a new venture–from determining the personal vision to conducting a market analysis and looking at start-up costs. In doing so, students learn how businesses truly drive the local and global economy. Entrepreneurship combines the flexibility of Internet-based learning with the benefits of face-to-face instruction. Successful completion earns you three WCTC credits, which are transferable to four-year universities.
- Target 1: Business Plan- Design, modify and present a professionally written business plan
- Target 2: Finances- Analyze the financial outlook for a start-up business venture.
- Target 3: Marketing- Create a company image and design a marketing/branding strategy.
- Target 4: Organization- Recommend appropriate business ownership/organization and management set-up.
- Target 5: Personal Vision- Assess entrepreneurial attributes and evaluate a business venture against personal vision.