Technology impacts every facet of your life with immediate access to information. The rapid growth of emerging technology challenges you to stay current for personal and future professional development. This course will incorporate Twitter, blogs, Google tools and apps, and many more web 2.0 tools to communicate and collaborate effectively. Students will explore not only how to harness the power of these new technologies, but the implications these technologies have on their lives. Learn what it means to be a good digital citizen by considering right and wrong as it exists in the virtual world.
- Investigate new and emerging technologies and its impact on the digital society. (ongoing theme)
- Practice proper online netiquette and digital rights management within diverse digital communities.
- Demonstrate appropriate online reputation management strategies for protecting, monitoring and/or positively promoting personal identity.
- Analyze the potential physical and psychological dangers inherent to using digital technologies
- Describe and analyze personal and societal consequences of inappropriate use of technology, technology systems, digital media, and information technology.
- Analyze positive and negative social and ethical behaviors when using technology.
- Recognize online risks and make informed decisions.
- Evaluate and select information sources and digital tools based on the appropriateness to specific tasks.
- Demonstrate use of web tools to manage and enhance content for communication, authorship, and publishing.
- Identify, examine, and evaluate how various Internet resources may be incorporated to solve problems using critical thinking skills in educational and professional lives.
- Explore and use web-based applications that allow for collaborative and interactive projects.
- Explain how technology has impacted the history of our society and economy