During this full-year course, students will learn about the art of making a photograph. Creativity and craftsmanship are emphasized. Areas covered include:
- Photographic techniques
- Camera settings
- Portrait studio
- Special effects
- Digital photo processing using Adobe Photoshop.
There is an emphasis on composition and photographic sensitivity. The major themes in photography will be examined. Students will need to provide their own digital camera. A digital SLR, modern smartphone, or decent point and shoot camera are all acceptable options. During the second semester the student will develop a personal vision through more experimental and expressive photographic techniques.
- T1 Create: Students will generate, develop, and refine artistic work.
- T2 Present: Students will develop, refine, and convey meaning through the production and presentation of artistic work.
- T3 Respond: Students will critically interpret intent and meaning in order to evaluate artistic work.
- T4 Connect: Students will relate their artistic work with prior experience and external context.