In order to enroll in online high, middle or elementary school, you must have Internet access in your home. Full-time eAchieve Academy students who are enrolled at the start of the school year are able to purchase a laptop worth up to $400 through Milwaukee PC at no cost to the family. eAchieve Academy will pay the bill as long as the student remains enrolled and in good standing. Students who enroll after school has started for the year will need to supply their own computer until next school year. They will be eligible for a school-funded laptop at the start of the new academic year.
Up Your Purchase
If you would like to purchase a more expensive laptop from Milwaukee PC, eAchieve Academy will contribute $400 toward the purchase. The family is responsible for paying the difference up front.
If You Leave School
If a student withdraws from eAchieve Academy before the end of the school year (either voluntarily or involuntarily), you have the option of either paying the outstanding balance and keeping the laptop or returning it to Milwaukee PC.
Milwaukee PC will provide technical support and repair services, including a loaner laptop if necessary, for any hardware or operating system problems. Additional details are provided to families in July so they can have their laptops by mid-August.
While it is your responsibility to get dependable Internet service, eAchieve Academy helps cover the cost of the service. We pay an Internet stipend of $60/semester after the successful completion of each semester. High-speed Internet is preferred, but courses will also run on a dial-up connection.
If you are not interested in or are ineligible for the free laptop program, make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements outlined below. All free laptops from Milwaukee PC meet the minimum requirements, although certain courses may require specific software or other technical specifications. Please check the course description before enrolling.
Online courses may not function properly on computers that do not meet the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
- PC: Windows 7 or higher
- MAC: OS 10.3 (Leopard) or higher
- 1.0 GHz Celeron (or compatible) with Windows 7 or newer
- 1.0 GHz Macintosh G3 or better with OS 8 or newer
- 2GB of RAM
- 1GB of free hard disk space
- 56.6Kbps modem with active Internet connection
- Monitor and video card capable of VGA resolution (800×600 or higher) and 65,000 colors or higher
- Sound card and speakers — a microphone is required for online language courses
- Adobe Flash Player 8 or higher
- The latest version of Sun’s Java JRE
For best results, it is strongly recommended that students enrolled in online courses use the following hardware and software configurations in addition to or in place of the minimum requirements:
- 1.8 GHz Pentium (or compatible) with Windows 7 or newer
- 1.4 GHz Macintosh G3 or better with OS 10.3 or newer
- 4GB of RAM
- 10GB of free hard disk space
- 1.5Mbps Internet connection or faster (cable, DSL, or broadband)
- Monitor and video card capable of VGA resolution (1024×768 or higher) and 32-bit color
Unboxing the eAchieve Academy Laptop
Once you are enrolled and receive your laptop from eAchieve Academy there are a few things to know about your school laptop before diving right in. Christopher Schulteis at eAchieve walks through how to unbox your new laptop, how to charge it, and some tips on the initial setup when you first turn it on. Learn more and watch this helpful video.
Are You Ready To Enroll At eAchieve?Enrollment Info
- Full & Part Time Enrollment
- Immediate Enrollment Options
- TUITION-FREE For All Wisconsin Residents
- Open To Students Outside of WI