Celebrating Choice: eAchieve Academy Prepares for National School Choice Week
No one can succeed without education, but for students to learn to their full potential, they must have options. To emphasize the importance of learning and advocate for new opportunities, join eAchieve Academy in celebrating National School Choice Week:
Spotlight on School Choice
National School Choice Week is a yearly celebration of the importance of giving students and their parents choice in education. The event highlights the many forms of schooling available, including charter schools, private schools, magnet schools, online academies, homeschooling, and traditional public education. No one form of schooling is right for everyone, which is why children and their parents should have as many education options as possible.
In 2016, National School Choice Week inspired more than 16,000 events in all 50 states. Held from January 22nd to the 28th, the 2017 celebrations are expected to beat those figures, mobilizing 2.5 million people in over 21,000 events across the country. Teachers, parents, students, mayors, and governors will all come together to emphasize the importance of opportunities for school selection.
eAchieve Academy’s Endeavors
As an online public charter school, eAchieve Academy caters to k-12 students who find traditional public schools to be inadequate. This can be for a wide range of reasons, including:
- Travel- Students whose parents work in the military, the Foreign Service, or some other occupation that requires them to move regularly cannot enjoy a consistent schedule in a traditional school. Online education allows them to learn without disruption.
- Health- Both physical and mental health conditions can make it difficult for some students to attend traditional schools. Online programs let them learn in safety.
- Careers- Students with strong career ambitions often find that generalized education does not meet their aspirations. Online learning gives them more options to tailor their learning experience.
- Social Issues- Children who have trouble interacting safely with their peers can find refuge in eAchieve Academy or other alternative schools.
- Pacing- Traditional classrooms require everyone to learn at the same speed, yet many students learn some subjects faster, and others slower, than their peers. Online education makes it easier for them to set their own pace, studying in a way that fully serves their learning style.
- Religion- Some religious traditions place unique restrictions on students' time or that of their parents. Online education provides flexibility for all belief systems.
National School Choice Week draws attention to these issues, helping the public to understand all the good that eAchieve Academy can do. We are thus proud to celebrate it, and encourage all other schools, learning centers, and homeschoolers to join in.
How can I get involved?
Supporting school choice can be as involved as contacting your elected officials and advocating for school choice programs or as simple as making known your love for learning and opportunity. For more information on education options for your children and the country, contact eAchieve Academy today.