Wisconsin Alternative Open Enrollment Information - How to Enroll
Wisconsin is currently in the alternative open enrollment period. Follow the directions on our alternative open enrollment application page to apply and attend eAchieve Academy in the fall of 2017.
After you fill out the form, you can submit it one of three ways:
- eAchieve Academy - Wisconsin
School District of Waukesha
222 Maple Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
- Fax: 262-970-1148
- Scan & Email: eAsecretary@waukesha.k12.wi.us
Important Wisconsin Open Enrollment Information
Students in Wisconsin normally attend a public school in the district they physically live in. With Wisconsin's open enrollment program, students are able to enroll in a public school in another district.
- Students may apply to up to 3 school districts every year
- Open enrollment in Wisconsin is available to all students enrolled in K through 12th grade.
- Sometimes applications are rejected due to different circumstances like available space in the school district, student behavioral issues, etc.
- Students and parents can appeal denied applications through the Department of Public Instruction.
- Students who've already successfully completed open enrollment and are accepted do not have to do it again the next year. They are already enrolled in the school district!
eAchieve Academy is an online public school (elementary, middle and high shcool) chartered by the Waukesha School District. Open Enrollment allows students from other districts to transfer to eAchieve.
Switching eAchieve Academy's online school during Open Enrollment can be accomplished online through the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction website, however during alternative open enrollment periods (like right now) students and parents can open enroll in eAchieve Academy here.
Important Dates for Wisconsin Open Enrollment 2017-2018
- eAchieve Academy will be accepting alternative open enrollment applications into 2018.
- The 2017-2018 fall semester will start the first week in September!
- Regular open enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year ran from February 1st, 2017 until June 31st, 2017.
Wisconsin Open Enrollment FAQs
Parents and students have many questions about Open Enrollment. Here are answers to common questions.
Who Can Apply Using Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is available to all Wisconsin residents enrolled in Kindergarten through 12th Grade.
When Is the Open Enrollment Period?
The exact dates of Open Enrollment change every year.
How Many School Districts Can I Apply to?
A student may apply to no more than three school districts each year.
Can I Apply Early?
No. Under no circumstances will early applications be considered.
What do I do if I Missed the Deadline?
Late applications are always rejected. You will need to apply using the alternative open enrollment procedure.
Are All Applications Accepted?
No. Your application can be rejected by either the school district you live in or the school district you are applying to. Reasons for rejecting an application include previous expulsions, habitual truancy or an incomplete application.
What Can I Do if My Application Is Rejected?
You may appeal the school district’s decision to the Department of Public Instruction within 30 days of the rejection. If the Department of Public Instruction upholds the rejection, you may appeal the decision to circuit court.
I Am Currently Enrolled in eAchieve Academy. Do I Need to Apply Again?
No. Students currently enrolled in eAchieve Academy do not need to reapply.